Saturday, April 14, 2012


Do you ever wonder sometimes, why you were chosen to live this life you do?

That thought occupies my mind more than often.

Each of our lives are so different, so unique, it takes one exact person to fulfill what God plans to do through it. You were created exactly for that purpose. But when things happen, problems come and hope doesn’t seem to be close, how do you expect to get through things? Why were you given that life to live? Can you just give up, please?

I wonder why God thought I was strong enough for something like this. Why he thought I was right for this. The longer this goes on, the harder life gets, the more I realize how imperfect I am, how much I really do struggle, and how dependent I actually am. You begin to wonder what good can really come out of anything such as this. You seem to be a burden to people, now your problems are not only affecting your own life, but those around you. I guess that’s the point where you have to decide whether you are going to affect others for good, or for worse. Recently I have been struggling with how to be right. I guess what I mean is, there are a lot of different ways you can take the circumstances I have been given. Sometimes when I think about my future, I can’t get past the next few hours because I just straight up don’t know what will happen. But what I do know is how to be right in the present. I believe planning on being right in the future while ruining the moment you’re in is not the way to be right. It has taken me longer than I imagined to figure this out however, and I’ve made plenty of mistakes that way. I’m not sure where I’m going with this, to be completely honest, but I guess the point I want to make (okay well the first one) is that don’t worry about what’s going to happen tomorrow, or next week, or in a few years. When you spend your time and energy doing that, you neglect the present, which often times is the most important. 
Also, have a little faith. As hopeless or wrong as life may seem right now, you don’t know what is in store for you. There are plans for your life that are beyond what you could ever dream or imagine, so keep on going, and be strong. 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus through-out all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

2 comments:

  1. So beautifully said, Anna..."As hopeless or wrong as life may seem right now, you don't know what is in store for you." I will probably quote you!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.(Jeremiah 29).

    ReplyDelete